MSD superconductors installed

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 17:58:45 EST

I just finished putting the MSD wires on my V6 Dak. I got the V6 set
since I had a gift certificate from Christmas to Auto Zone that would
cover most of the cost of the wires. When I was swapping the wires I
measured the resistance of the old wires and the MSDs. The old wires
were about 1600 ohms to about 2600 ohms and about 3200 ohms for the coil
wire. The MSDs are 52 ohms to 103 ohms. The coil wire is 160 ohms. When
measuring them I found the wire I used for the #4 plug is 18k ohms. I
sent an e-mail to MSD about this and I'll let you know what they say.
The old wires were aftermarket replacements I bought a couple of years
ago. They're alittle better than stock. (but not much) The MSDs are all
40 ohms/ft or less. the old ones are over 1000 ohms/ft. The truck idles
even smoother than before. I can't wait to see how is runs after I get a
good wire on the #4 plug.

Doug Fedeli