Re: cat back exhaust

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 23:13:59 EST

> I have a 99 dakota 4x4 w/ 318. I want to make some changes to the
> exhuast system, but I dont want to lose any low end power. If I get a 3
> inch cat back with a flowmaster muffler, do you think I will lose much
> if any bottom end? Has anyone else done this (just cat back, no headers
> or high flow cat) what were your results?

With your 318 I wouldnt worry about anything. I tow alot with my V6 Dak 4x4
and didnt want to hurt low end either. I had the stock muffler torched out
and a 3chamber Flowmaster welded up last summer, and also fabbed up a
homebrew cold air intake kit in the fall. Just this last week I towed my
dad's boat to a shop to have it worked on and my pulled that boat easier
than it ever has in the past. All I have is the Flowmaster muffler, cold air
intake kit, and a QuickD TB. I also do have Ford Motorsport #19 injectors,
but I think the muffler and cold air intake has really helped. Again, with
the 318 I wouldnt worry about it.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6