Re: RE: Delivery HELP!!

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 00:37:06 EST

Wow, imagine how they'll handle your warranty issues "Sorry, you must be 25
years or older for us to honor ANY drivetrain warranty issues"

Actually, it quite possibly IS the law that you need to be 18 to accept the
car into your custody, but LEGALLY, did you deal on the truck and sign the
paperwork? If so.. go back and tell them they can shove the truck up their
ARSE!! you aren't 18 yet, so that "contract" is null and void. Then
when the 17th comes around, go to another dealer.

Problem is, the other dealer won't have the truck you want or ordered
exactly, and the price might not be the same so my suggestion is:
1) if you're really pissed, just tell them they can "keep" the truck for
good, but then you're stuck trying to find another ride.
2) just wait patiently until the 17th. 3 weeks isn't that bad...

-Chuong

<<
Hey guys,
My truck has come into Huffines Dodge and supposedly
I can't take delivery until April 17th when I'm 18. So
I'm without a car for 3 weeks now. Is there anything I
can do to convince the dealership so that I can take
delivery and maybe do all the official stuff when I
turn 18?? They say it's liability, but I'll give them
my down payment, signature, etc. I don't know if it's
a Texas law or what. Any help is appreciated!!

I can't wait 3 weeks w/o a car and my Dak SITTING at
the dealership!!!

Dustin Dumbravo
'01 CC 4.7L v8 w/ everything you can think of!!