RE: [dakotart] Hiper Industries - "Xenon Bulbs"

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 09:12:30 EST

Just an update:

I purchased a set of GE 9007/HO (High Output) Headlight Bulbs ($9.97ea at
WalMart) and these DO make a difference. The Hiper-Crap Bulbs claim to be
Xenon Gas Filled with an element that arcs, resulting in a "brighter/whiter"
light. This is BS. The element is the same as with the factory 9007
bulbs...just a blue tint on the lens.

The GE 9007/HO bulbs have a totally different element (compared to the 9007
OEM Replacement Bulbs from GE) and that are much brighter/whiter. The GE
9007/HO bulbs also claim to be Xenon Gas filled (no HID claim though) but
since I don't have a handy-dandy gas tester, I can't verify this. But
again, they are much brighter than the Hiper-Crap or Stock Headlight Bulbs.

Personal thought: For $20, the GE 9007/HO are worth it.

BTW: I'm still trying to get in touch with anyone from Initial K (who sold
the bulbs) or Hiper Industries. No responses to emails and no response to
voicemail either.

- Bernd