Re: important air intake QUESTION!!!!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 09:41:09 EST

At 05:24 PM 3/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>HI, today i put my k&n filters on,its spring:) anyway, i put the filter in,
>>and i also have an air filter top,(x-stream flow) and it doesnt fit around
>>the filter, it fits on top but the edges dont come fully around the sides.
>>But i figured i could still manage with it on top, if i just keep the
>>filter tight. so i put the sealing grease on the top of the filter and
>>"clamped the top down" using the stock bolt. It seems to work fine but i
>>would like to know if anybody else had this problem or if it is ok the way
>>that i have it?????? Matt BADAZZDAK

I've had this problem but with a regular Mr. Gasket top and a K&N 14 x 2.83
that's just a little larger than the 14. Except for the sealing grease,
I've done
the same as you. Everything appears to be fine both
on the streets and at the track.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG