I Hate Drum Brakes!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 18:32:50 EST

Subject pretty much says it all... Under some pretty heavy deceleration (from
the highway slowing down for an exit that snuck up on me) I start feeling the
ABS go to work on the rear and lose braking power. The roads are dry and I
wasn't braking that hard so I get out and check... Driver's side drum cowl is
cold and the passenger side cowl nearly gives me 3rd degree burns. Sh*$! I
figure it's seized and take it into the shop to check it out. $213 and change
later I have new wheel cylinders, shoes, etc on the rear. The mech. said
everything was totally rusted out and the drivers side drum wasn't working at
all. What bugs me the most is I've only got 39k miles on the rig!

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent.
Tom