RE: From Dino to Synthetics, now I'm confused.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 21:51:47 EST

No...it will NOT hurt it one bit.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: From Dino to Synthetics, now I'm confused.

Damn this is weird.
I have 16K miles on my truck, bought it new from the dealer, as soon as I
got it home I changed the oil and filter to Quaker State 10w30 (oops I know
now) and a Fram filter and have been changing it out every 2500 miles since.
Lately I have been thinking of switching to synthetics, preferably Mobile 1,
so 5 days ago I went out and bought 5 quarts of Mobil 10w30 and a K&N oil
filter #2004 (thanks Ron), now I'm scared, I don't know if I should use the
synthetic oil, as I was going to change it tomorrow.
As I only have 16K miles on my truck, c'mon guys, tell me the truth, is this
going to hurt my engine or not???

CONFUSED ABOUT SYNTHETICS NOW!

Thanks again
Jay