RE: popping/clunking

From: Victor Carrola, Jr. (carrola@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:40:00 EST

      I took my truck in on Monday to have this noise
     looked at. It happens at low speeds while turning and
     sometimes I hear a single pop while braking. Anyways,
     first, one of the service managers calls me at work
     and says that there are some bolts missing from my
     "aftermarket" exhaust and that was causing the noise.
     So I was like whatever, and I go to pick up the truck.
      The paperwork, says that my front skiplate is loose
     and one bolt is missing from it. The bolt has been
     missing for the past 15,000 miles and I never heard
     the noise until recently....

Russ,
I was noticing a similiar noise on my Dak the past few weeks. I was
under the truck yesterday changing the oil, so I started banging under
the truck with my fist to try and find the noise. The two front bolts
on my foremost skidpad were loose. Problem solved for now.