Re: My dak's SMOKING!!!!!!!

From: LaMont J. Gilles (lgilles@nospam.satx.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:21:24 EST

I have a '93 318 with about 140,000 on it and about 20,000 ago it acted the
same way except for the smoke. Mine would want to stay in low gear when
taking off in the morning and was suffering from loss of power. When I
replaced the catalytic converter it was like I got four more cylinders out
of it.

--

LaMont J. Gilles

<DICEMAN469@aol.com> wrote in message news:7f.121ecd1d.27f24046@aol.com... > In a message dated 3/27/01 1:35:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, > DodgeKota4x4gurl@aol.com writes: > > > I don't know what the deal is with my truck! It is getting really > > aggrivating. It was acting more like a 4 cyl than a 318 for a while, > meaning, > > > > no take off, basically "ball-less" We changed the plugs and wires, and of > > course air filter, and ran some intake cleaner and some throttle body > > cleaner > > through it, of course it smoked , so I assumed it was doing something. It > > got > > a bit better for a couple weeks, but lately I haven't been driving it as > > much, and we started it up yesterday and it was blowing white smoke put > the > > tailpipe. Now it has never been overheated (as far as I know) and I treat > it > > > > like a million dollars. The only thing wrong with it right now is the rear > > main, but it leaks very little (maybe a quart between changes) I don't > know > > if the loss of power is from the tranny going bad? or maybe it's just > > because > > of the miles (it's got almost 130,000) The reason I say tranny is because > it > > > > sometimes will get to a certain speed and will rev like it's going to > shift > > then drop back down and repeat that until I either speed up or slow down. > I > > had the tranny serviced less than a year ago, and they said there was > > nothing > > wrong with it. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!! Sorry so long. > > TIA!!! > > Ryan Kates > > White smoke is indicative of a blown head gasket. The power loss can be > attributed to most likely leakage between cylinders since you didn't say > anything about antifreeze and coolant problems. > > Get it checked out ASAP > > -Austin > Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice" > Supercharged 6.0 V8 > <A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A> >