Re: My dak's SMOKING!!!!!!!

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 23:35:01 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2001 11:35:39 AM Mountain Standard Time,
DodgeKota4x4gurl@aol.com writes:

> The reason I say tranny is because it
> sometimes will get to a certain speed and will rev like it's going to shift
> then drop back down and repeat that until I either speed up or slow down. I
> had the tranny serviced less than a year ago, and they said there was
> nothing
> wrong with it. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!! Sorry so long.
> TIA!!!

Well, My tranny wasdoing this, but they told me taht I needed a complete
rebuild, so I did, I also threw ina Stage 2 shift kit, and man when I got it
back I couldn't have been happier, it was bad ass, but it started to fizzle
out, after about 4 months it seemed just like a ncie factory tranny, so I
took it back, they claimed I had added to much fluid (odd seeing as how I
never did anyhting but check it) so they "took out the excess" I went home,
the rear output shaft seal has been leaking like crazy (everything is all
splattered with tranny fluid, pan gasket leaks, and well I am pissed. This
was all about 4-5 months after rebuild. Now 16 months later (no more
warrenty) it's acting worse than it did before it weas rebuilt. Needless to
say I am PISSED! I am going to try a tranny flush with Type FA fluid to
crispen up the shifts, and hopefully stop my crazy shiftin... (it goes down
up down up down... very annoying) and I'll proboply fix that rear output
shaft seal, it looks lieka pop in pop out kinda thing...

Greg