My dak's SMOKING!!!!!!!

From: DodgeKota4x4gurl@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 13:32:26 EST

I don't know what the deal is with my truck! It is getting really
aggrivating. It was acting more like a 4 cyl than a 318 for a while, meaning,
no take off, basically "ball-less" We changed the plugs and wires, and of
course air filter, and ran some intake cleaner and some throttle body cleaner
through it, of course it smoked , so I assumed it was doing something. It got
a bit better for a couple weeks, but lately I haven't been driving it as
much, and we started it up yesterday and it was blowing white smoke put the
tailpipe. Now it has never been overheated (as far as I know) and I treat it
like a million dollars. The only thing wrong with it right now is the rear
main, but it leaks very little (maybe a quart between changes) I don't know
if the loss of power is from the tranny going bad? or maybe it's just because
of the miles (it's got almost 130,000) The reason I say tranny is because it
sometimes will get to a certain speed and will rev like it's going to shift
then drop back down and repeat that until I either speed up or slow down. I
had the tranny serviced less than a year ago, and they said there was nothing
wrong with it. Any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!! Sorry so long.
TIA!!!
Ryan Kates
95 318 4x4 RC