Re: Re: Reflection on my Dak [pointless]

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 13:19:04 EST

To my Dakota family blessed with the best 4cyl engine in a truck,

You have nothing to be ashamed of my friends. When my buddy 's Cavelier blew up (Cavelier bad...Dakota good) he got me to help him find a new vehicle. Just by what he saw me driving and a need to feel more masculine I suppose, we found him an 89 SWB 4-cly manual Dakota. It was a great truck while it lasted (hard to find good parts for). I was seriously impressed with its power, reliability, easy ability to be worked on, and in all areas, it performed just as well as a truck should be expected.

Could it hang with my Magnum V6? Not when we raced or hauled REALLY heavy loads (3000 lb or more) but I was proud to park my Dak next to my buddy's. At only 22, I have owned 4 vehicles and driven/shared many others, and as far as small to midsizxe go, Dakota is king of the hill, no matter which engine you put it against.

So don't complain Daksters. You own one of the best trucks on the market, even if you can't race a Vette...thats why we get Cuda's :) And besides, atleast you don't drive a Nissan hardbody...That's real reason to complain (as my fiancee call them-half trucks :)

Mike S.
http://geocities.com/geek_farm/truck.html