Squeaking.Squealing Fan

From: Keith Myers (krmyers33@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 21:58:36 EST

When I got back from my camping trip last weekend I started noticing a
sporadic squeaking/squealing noise inside my engine compartment...

So today I went outside, fired it up, opened the hood, and pin pointed the
squeaking/squealing noise coming from the Huge fan. It's kind of an On and
Off sort of squealing, it's not always there.

Is this normal or should I take it in to have them check out the bearings or
something... I'm thinking maybe dirt got in it?

Please help... thanks.

Keith Myers
2001 Dakota QC 4.7L 2WD