Electrical Problem....Please HELP!!!

From: yllwdkta (yllwdkta@insight.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 01:56:38 EST

Well let me tell you my experiences...

My fog light switch went out last Thursday. I already decided to make my
fogs into Daytime Running Lights. So here is what I did...
I used my stock for fuse in the Power Distribution Center. And also used my
stock relay. However I changed the wiring behind it. I have a constant
power into the relay. I have a wire to my switch inlet in the fog relay
into the switched outlet of the relay of the fuel pump. OK then I have the
ground to the chassis and the load (fog lights) running to a splice. One
goes to the right fog lamp and one goes to the left. Then I have a ground
from each fog light to the chassis.

OK, now I tested the outlets to the fog lights (with out the bulbs) with a
volt meter. From the (-) of the volt meter to the chassis and the (+) of
the volt meter to the (+) of the fog outlet. I tested both fog outlets and
both were 14.2 volts. I then put the (-) of the volt meter to the (-) of
the fog outlet and the (+) to the volt meter to the (+) of the fog outlet.
I did this for both and both came up with 14.2 volts.

When I plug my fog light bulbs in they don't light. What am I doing wrong?
What did I leave out? Please dumb is down for me please :)

Thanks so much

Tim Althoff
http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta.html
99 Solar Yellow RC V-6 Manual