Re: Magazine articles - Truth?!?

From: Jef Denning (jdenning@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 08:39:04 EST

Dacuda writes: "On the magazines. Be realistic and nice. We try to print
informational
>articles without upsetting the apple cart." My a#*.

Bogus information in magazines beholden to advertisers in lieu of
subscribers/consumers is a major pet peeve of mine. I believe the vast
majority of readers have (blind) faith that articles are honest, unbiased
and accurate. (Why wouldn't we, we aren't born believing the magazines that
cater to our hobbies are actually feeding us trash copy from some
manufacturer?) Thus, the industry's effort to not "upset the apple cart"
harms readers by dispensing junk information, wasting their money and,
possibly, causing physical harm. It's crap.

Dacuda suggests we wait for the TB article. Based on his(?) post, why would
anyone think the info in that article isn't also adjusted/adulterated by the
apple cart test?

Jef