RE: New Clutch user

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 09:53:15 EST

Hey Jeff!

Yes!!!! Another conversion!!!! (sorry all! The door was open ;^P )

My '92 still has the original clutch and I always downshift. The best advice
I can give you is to get the clutch engaged before you really accelerate.
Just get the truck rolling while engaging the clutch, then completely remove
your foot from the pedal while accelerating. I say that as to avoid the
"riding the clutch" issue people get into with resting their foot on the
pedal and slightly depressing and disengaging the clutch.

Hope that helps!!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!