Hellwig rear air assist install

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 14:49:57 EST

Ok, I found one of the Hellwig rear air assist kits for a Dakota(Hellwig
discontinued their air products) at Godfather Customs. Got here yesterday
afternoon, and I was excited! I opened the box up ,and 1st thing I noticed
is that the box is all taped up, and it has already been shipped to somebody
else, it still has the packing list pocket and UPS shipping label on the
front. I got it out and it was obvious the kit had already been assembled at
least once. I figured what the heck, and took the rear wheels off of the
Dak. Went to installing the kit on the passenger side first, and I get it
bolted on loosely, and notice that the bags seem awful long. I get put on
all the way and am hoping the the bags will squish real nicely, because they
are really long! I figured it had to work(because I was told specifically
after asking several times that this kit was the one I needed), and I
started to let the jack down real easy. When the jack got all the pressure
off of it, the passenger side of the truck was about 2 in higher than it
should be. I took a look underneath, aand the bag ends were mashed against
one another, and that was keeping the truck from falling to the proper ride
height-No room at all!!!!!. So, off the unit came and back in the box we go!
I am on the phone with Godfather's customer service right now trying to get
this figured out, so please excuse any errors! Will let ya'll know how this
turns out.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html