RE: RE: New Clutch user

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 18:37:36 EST

> I agree. Get off the clutch pedal asap!
>
> I've found that I work my clutch a lot faster than other manual
> drivers. Some people seem to make their shifts real smooth and
> silky, whereas I try to get off the clutch as fast as possible.
> This results in a rougher shift, but I think I avoid the excess
> slippage (and resulting wear) that occurs when making those silky

The point is to get the speed of the flywheel to match the clutch.. match
those speeds and regardless of how fast or slow you let off the clutch, you
aren't slipping it and you aren't causing jerky shifts/stress on the
gearbox/u-joints/differential.

You *can* be silky smooth and fast at the same time, while not causing
clutch wear, it just takes practice...

/Curt