Re: RE: Rear disk conversion kits

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 22:00:42 EST

I have an email I received from them answering some questions that I thought up.
It's posted below. One thing I did notice is when they used to use the
stainlesssteel.com website they were using the same rotors that are already on
the front of our daks. This was along with a custom made set of brake pads. Now
it seems they have changed their story/product line. It's the other way around.
If you guys want to check them out their site is www.martelbros.com. I'm not
saying I will ever use their kits it's just I believe if they say they have
changed then I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt by really
checking them out.

Jeff,

Does the rear kit use the same rotors that are stock on the front or are
they a custom size?

A. They are different from the front rotors

I am wondering for the fitment of powerslot or other brand rotors.

A. A slotted rotor option is available for this kit for an additional $80

If they are the front rotors I would assume that they are splined for the
use with rear wheel ABS? If they are not splined will this cause any
decrease in the performance of the rear wheel ABS?

A. They are compatible with ABS

Are they a slip on rotor type like those found on the newer dodge trucks and
on 4x4 trucks?

A. Slip-on style rotor

Lastly, do they use simple off the shelf brake pads (i.e.. stock front
sizes) or are they a special size and/or design?

A. They use a Turbo T-Bird pad, D347.

SSB A157 $725.00

Receive a FREE Standard Rear Brake installation kit with purchase of a rear
brake conversion kit ( a $29.95 value ).

To place your order, call our order line at 1-800-882-7223

   All Prices Reflect Internet Discounts

       Martel Brothers Performance
"World's Largest Manufacturers Catalog Site"
      Serious Parts for Serious Racers
            www.martelbrothers.com
               800-882-7223
             frank@martelbros.com