Re: ???? behind rear bumper

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 12:55:40 EST

That would be the driveshaft for the winch that holds the spare tire in its
carrier. The end should be visible through a hole in the bumper, which
allows you to stick the end of part of the jack on to it, and turn it. When
you loosen it, the spare tire will be lowered to the ground.Check the
owner's manual under changing a flat, and you will see what I'm talking
about.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html