Got the Black box today

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 17:28:01 EST

Sorry, forgot the subject line last time

----

The best solution I had was to buy a 50k pot at Radio Shack and a rotary switch so that it operates like a volume knob - it switches at one extreme (stock) and acts as a pot through the rest of the range. I build a blank panel and replaced the left cubbyhole with it and another switch. It worked out pretty well. I looked for a push on/off pot and couldn't find one but if you do, let me know.

Crit

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:24:18 -0500 From: "Jeff Holsapple" <jeffreyh@citrix.com> Subject: DML: Got the Black box today

Got my black box today too. Thanks Bernd.

I just realized that I have a small empty compartment on the right side of my 01 dash (just below the AC vents). The left side has the 4WD switch. It would be great to mount this in the right side of the dash - but the box is just a little too big. In fact, I'm not sure if I can get both a switch and a dial into that space. I'm wondering if I can find a push on/off potentiometer - that would work great.

Anybody know where I can get a 50K pot (linear?) with push on/off (double-pole?).

Even better, one with a built in LED that lights up when on?

Jeff Holsapple, Ft. Lauderale FL '01 QC 4x4 4.7L 3.92 LSD Auto