Re: IAT box & dyno results

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 17:34:33 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 8:14:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, jon@fast4x4.net
writes:

<<
 The jury is in, +8hp with the adjustable IAT box. That's an 8hp improvement
 within the box settings itself, since I did not have provision to test with
 the IAT sensor in the stock location. Given the temperature range of the
 IAT box and the temperature of the sensor in the stock location (or
 relocated for that matter), the box makes a lot of power given it's low
 cost! On top of the increase in part throttle accel, and throttle response,
 it's $16 very well spent!

 I uploaded the graphs to the site tonight..._
                                              \ >>
That's great Jon,but as you know individual results may vary. It all depends
on how many mods you have and what the corresponding air/fuel ratio is. It
also depends on your point of reference,ie what the current temp is outside.
It may help me a lot more, if I'm as lean as I think I am. It may also help
guys richen their mixture even more on a hot day as compared to know. I will
be getting on the dyno soon with a full report on how much it helped me.
Tom