Re: IAT box & dyno results

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 19:47:13 EST

In a message dated 3/30/01 3:31:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, jon@fast4x4.net
writes:

<< greed, I did not intend for that statement to be construed as a blanket
 statement. Results will always vary. I couldn't richen or lean my a/f more
 than .1-.2, whereas Richard P was able to manipulate it fairly well. >>

Hmm, I wonder why? How cold was it out when you dynoed? I'll bet having the
hood up lowered the intake temp more than what normally would occur thus
hurting your results. Nevertheless, I think it's going to be able to alter
the air/fuel a lot more at the the time it matters: a hot summer day at the
track or idling around cruising. A fatter mixture is just what a hot motor
needs for safety. In the summer, I'll probably just crank it to its coldest
setting when running N20. I'm tired of cracking cylinder heads. :(
Tom