Re: Poplock Power Tailgate Lock Installation

From: Travis Higgins (travis@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 21:06:59 EST

I have one of these on my truck since the tonneau cover I have doesn't lock
the tailgate. I didn't have to bend the guide rails. It's pretty easy to
install other than you have to play a balancing act with the tailgate rods
(make sure to tape them like the instructions say) and there is not a lot of
room to get your hands in there. Also be real careful not to scratch your
paint when taking off the tailgate trim piece that goes around the handle.

I found it interesting that this same one fits the new Chevy/GMC. I wonder
if its cheaper if you order it for that....

Travis aka Blue Travis
00 IB CC R/T

<<Has anyone successfully installed this unit? Were there any snags on it
that I need to know about? I have an extra sheet that describes how to
adjust the locking mechanism to keep the handle from lifting up too much and
opening the tailgate. It says to bend the guide rails for the lock by 10
degrees.>>