Quad cab 3"body lift

From: Kevin L. Miller (kmrcdd@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 01:34:52 EST

Bill Pitz, & anyone else interested in lifting their Quad cab. I got the
performance accessories 3" lift from JC whitney today. (Two front bumper
raising brackets missing & parts bags opened spilling nuts & bolts & washers
in the box. I will call them tomorrow to get that corrected)
The lift is for a 97-99 Dak, but everything appears to be the same (or very
close) except the fan shroud. I'm sure this is due to the 4.7L. The v-6 or
5.9 may be the same as the 97-99 models. I looked at a 99 CC earlier this
week & compared to mine & all of the cab & bed mounts are the same as best
as I can tell. I pulled a couple bolts & measured & made sure the threads
were the same & the lengths were OK. . The only real fabrication to do is
cutting the transfer case shifter & welding in a 3"piece (in the kit) . As
for the shroud, I took it off & measured the bottom section with the
relocation brackets for it & I will probably just move the bottom piece &
leave the top as it is. That will leave a 3" gap between the two sections, &
I'll look at fab'ing something to fill that after everything else is done.
As for the missing bumper brackets, they are just flat pieces with
strategically placed holes. We'll make them for now & wait for JC W to send
replacements. They are for the outer brackets on the bumper & could probably
get by without them all together for a few days. The rear bumper only
requires drilling new holes, & the measurements are given. The instructions
mention a couple ground wires, brake lines, & other small details to check
for enough slack & all seem to be exactly as they describe.
Overall, this looks like a pretty easy job. The instructions aren't bad -
could use a few more pictures(for the show-me-state people) .We'll be
starting in the morning, so hopefully I will have (good) news to report
tomorrow . Wish Me luck!
kmrcdd@swbell.net
Kevin
2000 4x4 QC 4.7L auto SLT+ 3.55 LSD Skids ,K&N, MAAP Nerfs, SS bedrails
Catch-alls, Deflectors, 180 TS, Bosch +4's Mobil-1,Silblades, Wheelskins,
QuickD Intake ,Perma-Cool.