Re: Quad cab 3"body lift

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 20:54:18 EST

Hmm... Body lift?

According to another guy I talked to, you can easily body-lift a 2000 4x4
Dakota. It's a suspension lift that is difficult to do. Here is what I
got back from him yesterday:

(He has a 2000 QC 4x4 with a 3" Body lift and a 3" suspension lift -- it
nicely sports 35's :) )

"A body lift is
readily available for the new Dakotas in the 3" range made by Performance
Accessories. This is the only currently available lift. It's available at
any 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers location (1-800-421-1050). I installed one of
those and modified a Rancho 3" suspension lift as well. This kit was
designed for the earlier Dakotas without the rack and pinion steering system.
 I had to modify or make every bracket in this kit for it to work. The
transmission crossmember, exhaust crossover pipe, and steering system all had
to be modified as well. Not an easy undertaking to say the least. But, it
clears 35's and that's what I wanted. A 3" bodylift will allow clearance for
33's with minor trimming."

At any rate, let me know what happens. I'm going to look into the body lift
this week. I'll let everyone know what I find.

-Bill (Also looking forward to lifting my Dak a bit.. :))