RE: 4.7 Intake Options

From: Rob Parenti (rparenti@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 22:38:25 EST

Ya know, the concept of parabolic bends providing smoother air flow than
radial bends kind of intrigues me, though in the real world it has to be
trivial. But the stuff about less air flow even with the additional reverse
cone is hard to swallow. I like to see K&N's engineering study on that.
Seriously, they are the ones who mentioned engineering - let's see them put
their paper work where their mouth is. In any case, the S&B filters flow
better than the throttle body anyway. The real weak point with these intake
tubes for the 4.7's is lack of a real cold air intake. K&N doesn't mention
that - could it be because they don't have a solution, either? I've got
nothing against K&N. I use one on my bike and I think it's a great product.
But I think this comment from K&N is pretty shallow.

--Rob--