Re: Front end problems re-revisited :-(

From: John Bell (dak@mama.indstate.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 22:11:57 EDT

That's the first thing I'm going to mention to the dealer that sold the
truck to me - "District Manager". Then, I will regale him with the level of
"service" that I am receiving from his dealership. A dealership which I
purchased an extended warranty from, no less.

By the way, Maggie's H.O.T. Dodge is a Five Star Dealership(tm). Why am I
not surprised at how I am being treated? :-P

Thanks for the heads up on the right over-torsion causing a lean to the
left. Makes sense that I would notice that _after_ I pick up the truck from
being fixed.

--
John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+ *my baby* (and boy, they
better take care of her...)

"Andy Levy" <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:3AC7D236.51B67452@bigfoot.com... > They adjusted the right torsion bar, and now the truck leans to the > left? Sounds like they cranked it up a little bit in their > "adjustment." > > This sounds like really bad service. Is there a district manager or > something you can talk to? > > -andy > > John Bell wrote: > > > > Hey all, > > > > Well, got my Dak back from the dealer last Thursday, after taking it in for > > the second time in one month for "pop clunk" on slow left turns. This time, > > they said they adjusted the torsion bar location on the right side, the > > theory being that it was rubbing with the crossmember when making slow left > > turns (especially when going over bumps). Did it fix the problem? > > > > Hell no :-(. > > > > So here's the deal - I have a truck with 9800 miles on it, that I do *not* > > abuse, that will be going in for a third time to fix a problem that for some > > reason is just too much of a hassle for the dealership where I bought it > > from. Guess this time I'm gonna have to call the dealer that sold it to me > > and let him know what is happening, and see if anything comes from that. The > > service techs are about as useless as tits on a bull at this stage :-P. > > > > If any of y'all are curious, the dealer in question is Maggie's H.O.T. > > (Heart Of Texas) Dodge in Austin TX. I've had good luck with them in the > > past, but it seems to be running out. I'll keep everyone posted as events > > progress. > > > > Oh yeah, and it looks like my Dak leans to the left a little when looking at > > it from the back. Sure, me sitting in it all the time may cause that (6'2 > > and 275 ain't tiny), but I thought I had bought a *truck*... > > -- > > John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+