Re: ABS and Parking Brake Light on steady <<----- SOLVED!!!

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 14:43:10 EDT

Thanks, but I've been through that already with another car... Non Dak, so
story excluded.

To my original post. I fixed my light problem (so far... crossing fingers).

Right above the brake pedal, there is a wiring harness that has a white male
connector plugging into a black female connector. There was also a red
toggle thingy that acted as a locking mechanism. When you slide this to one
side, you can depress the tab and pull the harness out. It slides out real
easy, so don't pull too hard.

I left it unplugged for a few minutes, wiggled the wires, pushing the wires
in, etc... and cleaned the connectors in the female end. Plugged it back
in... Drove for over 45 minutes and NO LIGHT!!!

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst