Re: What a F**king Blast! and a little spank on a GT (Long) Formerly DML...

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 16:27:59 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/01 3:03:50 PM Central Daylight Time, ron-wong@home.com
writes:

<< Easy Geoffrey. A lot of us old timers have seen a lot of drunken drivers,
 both friends and otherwise. When you see needless death of friends and
 loved ones it's only natural to react this way. I have never been much of a
 drinker but back in my teenage years (yeah, yeah, I know, when dirt was
 still new) I lost a very dear friend to drinking and driving and I have
 never forgotten it. This was a 4.0 student that just got carried away one
 night and it was all over. Soap box, yes, but you know what. Whether I
 piss you off or otherwise, if I can prevent just one, it's all worth it.
 You can yell at me all you want. :-)

 Ron
 00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

I totally agree with you Ron. I have had to bury two very dear friends
becuase of drunk drivers. The one that really hit home was my cousin and his
wife. They had been married for only about two years. She had been
previously married and had two kids, one 7 the other 10. They were going to
the store one night, in their Toyota Camry when a drunk SOB ( I would still
kill him if I met him!!!!!!!!) in a fullsize late 70's chevy p/u hit them
head on at over 70 mph. My cousin Roger was killed instantly. His wife
passed away on the way to the hospital. And to make things even worse, she
was 7 months pregnant at the time. The 7 year old and 10 year old were in
the back seat of the Camry. They both had to watch their step-father die,
and then their mother died. This happened over 5 years ago, and I still have
no mercy on anyone who drinks and drives. As far as I am concerned,
regardless of how long it took or how much you had to drink, one drink is too
much to get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. I guess I just hold my
hatred in, but I hold it in for a good reason. It fuels my desire to end all
drinking and driving! I recently gave a speech on d&d at several local high
schools and a few not so local high schools. The speech only lasted 7
minutes, but in those seven minutes, I was brought to tears (from memories)
and not many that were in the audience weren't affected by it also. If I
only saved one life by doing that, then that is payment enough for me! One
person at a time will eventually add up to make a very large mass of people.
And the more people you have speaking with the same ideas that you have, the
faster that mass will grow into the whole population. And no, I am not
against drinking, I enjoy a nice smooth drink as well as others do, but you
will NEVER repeat NEVER find me behind the wheel of an auto after even just
one drink, regardless of what it was.
Stepping off my soapbox now

Will