RE: I'm not Impressed! (Drinking & Driving)

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 19:03:19 EDT

I was not planning on making any comments to those who responded negatively
to my initial post, but after reading this one I feel that a response is
necessary...

First of all, you can be too drunk to drive and still make the conscious
decision not to drive...

Secondly, I don't see any negative comments about other people who tell
their stories of street racing... I do not justify street racing, but it
is better to be on a highway than in a neighborhood, but then again neither
is safe...

I apologize to those DML members that have had to deal with all these posts
regarding that evening. From now on, I will not make mention of any more
activities with fellow DMLers, as it never fails that things seem to get
blown way out of proportion...

I too have lost friends from drinking and driving, and from street racing...

but, I've also lost friends who have gotten killed just walking out their
front door...

I assume all the responsibility for all of my actions, and in doing so I
knowingly accept those consequences contained within that responsibility...

I've already spent too much time regarding this subject... Let's get on to
some real DML subjects again.

Thanks,
Tom "Slick"