Re: Camshaft....Roller Lifters?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 22:02:45 EDT

bernd@texas.net wrote:

> 8000rpm from a stock Magnum block?!?

Ya know - thats one think that I really miss about my old '69 Camaro. The stock
block 327 (ok it was dynamically balanced but thats it!) would see 8500 rpms all
the time. I beat on her for years and it was one of the most reliable motors I've
had. I can even remember hitting neutral (4-spd Muncie) by mistake and she would
rev to 8k and come right back down w/no problems. Did that so many times that I
didn't even worry about it again (damn Muncies!).

My 360 magnum truck is pretty much the opposite of that vehicle. High-revving
manual-trans horsepower vs. low-revving auto-trans torque... I'll take the Mopar -
just what the Dr. ordered for a 5000lb truck.

I might get a chance to do the roller lifter weight comparison here real
soon...<wondering where I could get a good accurate scale - maybe the grocery store
or post office...> Bernd - you mentioned "lighter (full)" - do you have a
recommended procedure for comparison?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"