RE: Re: Camshaft....Roller Lifters?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 22:31:15 EDT

Shane...i've built many SB Chevy's that would "rap out" at 7500-8000...the
stock valve train would let go at about 6500...stamped steel rockers don't
go that high and neither do the stock hydraulic lifters.

My old BB Chevy (396 - .060" over) on the other hand, hit 6800-7000 many
times...but that was with a roller cam, mechanical (roller) lifters, and
1.72:1 Roller Rockers...along with the balanced bottom end (mostly forged
pieces with ARP bolts and studs holding everything together).

- Bernd