Re: Rear Disc

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 01:48:39 EDT

I don't know man, plastic brake brackets just haven't seened to "hold up"
in the past. :) hehe

maybe plastic rotors and plastic pads? It'll surely get you about 5 seconds
of braking power. Imagine that. NO brake dust, just brake SMOKE from all
the plastic burning.

Anyways, back to the real subject. I don't think this is an easy fab. The
real stainless steel line kit includes something to do with removing the
axles, new brackets, proportioning valve, new calipers, and other stuff.
I'd just pay for the kit for it might be a lot cheaper in the end. Not to
mention maybe safer with a warranty!
-Chuong

I'm thinking about fabbing something up to make this work. My dad is going
to help me (He runs a plastics company, and they build their own machines
(Big old things), so we have access to all the machinery we would ever need.
Can I just put on the powerslot rotors on the back, and get some calipers,
and all's well? How do I adapt the parking brake cable. Any other issues?

william