Re: Trying a little experiment

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 05:49:27 EDT

Jeff Durling wrote:

> They still ship 'em with champions in them. That's one of the problems everyone has with a new dak.

Not to start a war here but I don't think the champions are bad plugs at all. In fact, I've found that when compared to Autolites - the Champions will outlast them about 3-4 to 1. Don't get me wrong - I do like the spark energy of the Autolites and even believe the supposed dyno proof. Thats easy enough to believe since the electrodes get eaten up quite rapidly (relative to Champions anyway).

Considering that Ma Mopar has suggested/supplied a reliable, long-lasting plug in the Champion - where's the problem? For a performance application - they choose Bosch. Also not a bad choice in my opinion. The Bosch plugs last alot longer than Autolites but I can't really speak on their performance.

Anyone?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"