Re: Castrol Syntec Oil - Way Long

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 16:52:18 EDT

The "finding" that I posted (not published) was from another website...it's a
finding...not my personal opinion.

As for the Castrol rebuttal...so how does this really make you feel Ron? ;)
(heheheheh)

Hey, my neighbor swears by that stuff. As far as i'm concerned, run what you
want...it's your engine.

- Bernd

> Castrol North America had the following rebuttal to an article in the
> November issue of Car and Driver. This deals with some interpretation as to
> how Castrol Syntec is manufactured. Others on this list and others have
> mentioned the controversies regarding Castrol Syntec vs Mobil 1, etal. This
> may not straighten it all out but at least it's a start. I will continue to
> use Castrol Syntec and will have my oil analyzed at intervals. I will
> publish my findings.
>
> There was another finding published by Bernd on the Dodge Dakotas forum.
> Castrol North America indicated that their answer to those findings are
> answered in this rebuttal as well. I don't entirely agree with that, but
> that's me.
>
> Here is the rebuttal:
>
> Dear Valued Customer:

<snip>