Re: Front end problems re-revisited - the saga continues

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 21:51:52 EDT

steve239dak@yahoo.com writes:

<< > My truck has 9800 miles on it as of today. Anyone
> ever call "lemon" on a Dak
> before? What was your experience?
> --
> John Bell - '00 QC 5.9 46RE 4x4 NV242 3.92LSD SLT+
> *lemon?* >>

John,
    The first 96 Dakota that I took delivery of was a lemon. The frame was
bent (diamond shaped), front end wouldn't keep and alignment becuase of that.
 At 2400 miles, while on a trip out to Texas with my ex-gf, on the way back
to Mississippi while I was 5 miles west of Shreveport, La, the rear brake
lines fell off. YES, I said fell off! The bed mounts were screwed up as the
bed never set just right. The power windows were going out again (already
been "fixed" once!!). The dealership, Wilson Dodge of Jackson Ms, bought the
truck back at full retail and paid my $700+ towing bill from Shreveport, La.
They then found me another Dakota just like the lemon, and sold it to me for
$16,500 even though the sticker was $24k. Only difference in the two was the
sliding rear window, which they swapped out to make sure I was happy. The
original lemon had a slider, the new one didn't. All in all I must say that
I am very pleased with what turned out. Wish you luck with yours!

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"