Re: 4.7 exhaust

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 23:19:23 EDT

> What do daks with the 4.7 have for converters, muffler etc.?
> The Jeep has 2 small converters up front with O2 sensors at their outlets
and
> another larger one just ahead of the muffler with no sensor. So If you
were to
> remove the large one the computer would not know about it. Just wondered
if the
> 4.7 Daks are that way also. Any yes the Grand Cherokee is about 150
pounds
> lighter than a comparably equipped Dak RC.

Also,
Does the 4.7L V8 Dakota 4x4 use the same/very similar exhaust setup as a
2000 4.7L V8 Durango 4x4? I am looking to get my girlfriend's Durango stock
muffler torched out for a Flowmaster, and havent had time to check the stock
pipe/muffler size(s). Does anyone know what is the size of the inlet and
outlet pipe is for the stock muffler? Would an center inlet/offset outlet be
a similar setup muffler? I am just curious, as I want to compare what others
say compared to what I actually find when I take a look this weekend just to
clarify if my findings will end up being what I need to buy. It still amazes
me more and more every day how more powerful that heavy darn Durango is; I
can easy break the tires loose and lay a good long patch........of course on
a race track. :)
I am going to put on a good flowing muffler and upgrade the air intake for
starters.....and then slap on some BFG AT KOs.
Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6.....working on a 00 4.7L Durango 4X4