tranny questions

From: Blaine Basse (bigbad@acadiacom.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 19:36:38 EDT

As I have posted before, my tranny went south for the second time in about
30k miles. I need advice on course of action. I thought about putting a 727
in as both times the overdrive went out and took the rest of the tranny.
Has anyone done this swap or know what it takes to do it. Other options
include an oem replacement which has 3/36 warranty for about $1300-1500 and
a mopar performance for $1300 plus torque converter. Please let me know any
options or opinions as for as durability of the 46rh. It has lasted 193k
miles(165k to rebuild and 28k until another part went out in the overdrive.
thanks
Blaine V. Basse (Bigbad)--SE Louisiana
'94 CC SLT 318 auto 2wd 3.55sg Gray/Gray
Checkmate soft tonneaux, color-matched bug shield,
Ventvisors, AVS rear louvers, 235/70's all around, home-built aluminum
grille and valance inserts with fog lamps, 180* t-stat, Ededlbrock 10"
breather w/K&N filter, Flowmaster series 40 muffler, Kenwood CD, Polk
5x7's(rear) and 5-1/4"(front), 10"Pyle tube, Optimus tweeters(they scream),
and 3 amps(Sony XM3020, XM4520 and Harmon Khardon CA240).
'96 Yamaha Virago 1100 Special
'95 Neon (wife's car)