Re: MPG increase after TB install

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 21:30:42 EDT

Hey Steve --

It's hard to say how it compares to stock at this point because I did the
mods incrementally over the course of six months. The first thing I did was
build the homebrew intake, and that for sure was a huge kick in the pants. I
didn't notice quite as great a difference with the successive mods, but they
all seemed to improve top-end (>3000 RPM) performance at a slight cost to
bottom end. The TB did seem to make throttle response a bit quicker, but it
didn't "feel" like a power gain. However, I have the 3.21's (not for much
longer), so any drop in low-end is pretty costly.

I'll tell you what though, when I hit 3000 RPM it feels like I hit nitrous
or something (not that I know what that feels like, but you get the idea). I
love it. I haven't run out of power yet, but I don't regularly top 100 mph
either. ;-)

I'd really love to have a G-Tech, or the money to dyno a lot. When there's
dough in the truck budget it's hard not to spend it on something to DO to my
truck rather than something to measure with, because the wish list is very
long. And I haven't even gotten to cosmetics yet!!!

I'm dying to know what the numbers are, though!!!

- Alex
'00 SLT RC V6 5-Speed
Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/SxokV7hSrtCVk