Re: MPG increase after TB install

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 20:51:52 EDT

Alex,how much of an increase in power do you feel over
stock? Is it like night and day,or is it a mild
increase? I am also looking at just improving the air
flow with those mods,and leaving it basically stock
otherwise.Thanks! Steve P.
--- Alex Harris <jetcity@swbell.net> wrote:
> Well, I've put four tanks of gas through the Dak
> since installing my Quick-D
> TB, and my mileage has gone up by an even 2 MPG
> (went from 13+ to 15+ in the
> city). This is with the addition of a camper shell
> as well.
>
> This was the finishing mod in the intake/exhaust
> chain, along with cold air
> intake, JBA headers and Flowmaster muffler. I don't
> know all the mechanics
> of it, but I' d guess it's more likely that putting
> that final piece in
> place is responsible for the gains (getting rid of
> the last major
> restriction) rather than just the TB, but I don't
> know... what do you more
> knowledgeable people think?
>
> I'm not complaining, though!
>
> - Alex
> '00 SLT RC V6 5-Speed
> Profile:

http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/SxokV7hSrtCVk

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.