Re: have some ques...

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 06:36:24 EDT

Chris,

    I had the same exact problem when I was running my open air filter on
both my stock TB and QuickD TB. The lag finally drove me insane and I
changed over to a home-brew intake. As soon as I changed over, the problem
was gone and throttle response was better then ever.
    I talked to A LOT of people as to why this happened with my open air
filter, but didn't receive any definitive answers.
    I always viewed the lag as too much air too quickly. While this doesn't
make much sense, it was the only explanation I could come up with. Something
I wanted to try, but never got around to it was to increase the fuel
injectors to 24 lb. I have my doubts if this would've cured the lag, but it
does make a little sense ... more air needs more fuel.
   Sorry I couldn't be more help.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport