Re: Instrument cluster help

From: Jared Buckley (jrbuckle@indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:39:55 EDT

It does store the mileage. When you disconnect the battery (or cluster) the
trip resets, but the mileage stays the same. I thought that perhaps it would
read it from the PCM, but to no avail. As for the LCD, it works fine.
Luckily the cluster I got was a 5sp also. I tried installing the cluster
from my dad's 00 4x4 4.7 and got a no bus errror from the gear selector.
Anyway for pics of the before and after see:
http://php.indiana.edu/~jrbuckle/cluster.htm

Also notice that the bright light indicator stays on, except when the
brights are on. This is because (I think) that the 99 trucks run the
polarity opposite of the 97. In my truck when the brights are on, this wire
is hot. However on the 00 it is the opposite. If anybody can think of a good
way to remedy this problem I would appreciate it. Otherwise, i'll just leave
the indicator light out and look at my fog light switch to see if I have my
brights on.

--
Jared Buckley
97 Base RC LB 2.5L, 5spd
Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I wasn't aware that the cluster stored the vehicle mileage.  At most it
stores
> the trip odo mileage.  I know when you get a MP PCM you have to have the
VIN and