RE: Instrument cluster help

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 17:45:18 EDT

Jared,

Here is my understanding of your light and indicator operation:

97 model
brights indicator wire
  ON +12V
  OFF OPEN

99 model
brights indicator wire
  ON GND
  OFF OPEN

99 dash indicator
light wire input
 ON GND
 OFF OPEN

To work properly the +12 volt indicator wire output from the 97 lights need
to be converted to a ground signal to light up the 99 dash indicator.

To do so just get a 12VDC relay:
1 - hook up the indicator wire output to one end of the coil and ground the
other end
2 - hook up the wire input to the indicator light to a NO (Normally Opened)
pin
3 - hook up the other end of the NO circuit to ground

This way when your lights are ON the NO circuit will close thereby
connecting the indicator light to ground. Before doing this check to make
sure that the indicator light will light up when it is grounded.

Ken