Instrument cluster help

From: Jared Buckley (jrbuckle@indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 14:33:17 EDT

Hey everyone,
I have a question about the cluster I recently put in my truck. I got a
cluster out of a 99 sport and put in mine. Obviously the mileage didn't
match. I went to the local dealership to see if there was a way to change
the mileage. They said because of mileage rollback issues, whenever they
need a replacement cluster they send in the old cluster and the vendor sets
the mileage on the new cluster. I was wondering if any of you had any advice
on perhaps another way to get the mileage correct. I know its not a big
deal, I was just wondering if it could be done.

Thanks

--
Jared Buckley
97 Base RC LB 2.5L, 5spd