Re: how hot does your 4.7 get

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 19:55:17 EDT

Yes, Alex I was the one asking numerous questions a while back. I tried to
reply to Arnold's post but I kept getting an error. Anyway, My truck would
get to 210* on real hot days(over 100* ambient temp) even with the heat
running to keep it cool. I added some DEI Radiator Relief on Bernd's
reccomendation, and it cooled it off a few degrees. I can now drive it or
leave it idling with or with out the A/C or heat on and it will just get on
210*. I still don't like to see it get that high, but I've been assured by
numerous people that 210* is ok, and will not damage anything. I'm still
pretty sure that my engine driven fan is dysfunctional. I've never once had
it come on, even at 210* when the electric fan has been running for a few
minutes. I think my fan clutch is not claibrated correctly.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html