Re: JL Audio Stealthbox

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 19:44:51 EDT

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 06:44:53PM -0400, H62300@aol.com wrote:
> I have had mine for 2 years and it has the greatest sound for anything
> that small that I've seen. The bass is very tight and clean, Not muddy like
> some of the bigger ones. You just drill one hole underneath it to mount it. I
> think it is a very well engineered piece.
> I highly recommend it. It is not about size it is about efficiency. I run a
> Pioneer DP1R with a self equalizing microphone and Diamond speakers. It
> sounds just beautiful with the Stealthbox.

What kind of amp are you running? (I'm assumping the DP1R is a head unit)

Right now, I've got a Pioneer DEH-P7000R and four Pioneer TS-A1795's. So
far the only bad things I've heard about the JL Audio box is that it's so
damned expensive. What did you pay for yours, if you don't mind my asking?

I've also got a US Acoustics USX-85 something that has been sitting in my
closet for about 8 months, as I haven't been able to find anywhere to put
it yet.

Also, what are the actual dimensions of the space where you can mount an amp
on the JL box? I've seen some places say it's about 18" wide and others say
it's about 14" wide. My amp itself is 17" wide, so I definitely need it to
be 18".

Thanks,

Bill

--