Re: R.I.P Rat Fink!

From: Alan Short (rashort@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 22:47:52 EDT

> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:22:29 -0700
> From: "greasy" <gg428@hotmail.com>
> Subject: DML: A moment of Silence for ED ROTH!!!!
>
> A hot rodding legend Ed "Big Daddy" Roth passed away yesterday arround noon
> at his home in Utah. He was a young 70 years old and still as sharp and
> creative as ever. This man was a huge influence on me as well as many
> others. It seems like things wont be the same at the world of wheels show
> next year, I am used to spending hours and hours at his table picking his
> brain. it is a sad day.
> Greasy

Man!
I hate to hear that!
I was a big fan of Roth. In my opinion he was the most creative hot
rodder in History.
I had the honor of meeting him at a Autorama in Dallas several years
ago, he was a really nice guy. I bought a "Rat Fink" T shirt from him
that I still wear when I race. It has brought me a lot of luck in the
past.
Go here for his line of T's and trinkets: http://www.mooneyes.com/
Click on the mooneyes USA link at the bottom, then the Big Daddy/Rat
Fink link.
Now I'm thoroughly bummed out....

Alan S.
Born in '62 and remember Big Daddy in his prime.