Re: what is the fastest speed anyone has gone here?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 23:24:46 EDT

Depends on which light truck tires you use. Pirelli, Yokohama, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone,
and Michelin all make sport truck tires that are LT rated yet can acheive higher speeds
than 85mph. I have found by looking at their numbers on their respective website and
tire sales websites that most of these tires have a slightly higher load rating than
what was on the truck originally. One thing that has always annoyed me is that DC makes
the dakota r/t and ships every one of them from the factory with car/suv tires on them.
They usually have goodyear rt/s all the way around. They could easily use a true LT
rated tire from another source such as Pirelli in their Scorpion Zero line. The
Pirelli's even have the same treadwear rating as the Goodyear's.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+