Re: A True Story (Ask Bernd!!)

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 23:55:10 EDT

Hey ED, Have you thought about making a sticker up to go on your tailgate
next to the Dodge logo that would read something like this: DODGE-Because I
tow Fords for a living!! Now that would draw some attention! I love when the
Ford guys swear at their trucks, it just seems funny that somebody who is so
hung up on one brand as to buy that junk could be so aggravated when it
falls to pieces because of the "superior design". HaHa, I thoroughly enjoyed
that, ED thanks!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: OLZNUT@webtv.net (Ed Halterman)

This afternoon was the (un) Official Ford Breakdown Day for me, and I
got caught up in the middle of it :( First off, at about 1pm, a late
90's E-350 pukes it's belt tensioner. Fine, tow him off the freeway.
    Not even an hour later, a '00 F-250 Super Duty with the Triton V-10
decides it doesen't like the spark plugs that's in it and spits one out,
destroying the coil in the process (coil on plug). The guy wasn't happy.
He told me the other guys at his work had the same problem as well.
"Ford's gonna eat this" and "I shoulda never bought this POS" came out
of his mouth countless times along with alot of swearing. My favorite
part was right before I closed the door to my tow truck to leave, he
yells to me "Never buy a Ford, dude!!" I told him "I don't plan to, I
already got myself a Dakota Quad Cab!!" His reply, "Those are sweet!!"
    I've towed several of these trucks (F-Series, Expeditions,
Excursions) with the Triton motors (V-8 and V-10) that have popped out
the spark plugs. So much for quality control!!
     Dak content, I know that won't happen on my Dak, I put in the plugs
correctly, unlike Ford!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm